Patterns

Patterns

Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Butterick B5813--a convocation dress


This weekend I celebrated the completion of my Teacher Education Program! I planned to go to the convocation ceremony, which of course meant that I needed a new dress to wear.  I decided to go with Butterick B5813, a vintage reprint.
I got the fabric at a garage sale a while back. I enjoy going to garage sales during the summer as I can often find nice fabric. At this particular garage sale, someone's grandma was downsizing and had a lot of fabric to get rid of. The whole driveway was filled with boxes of fabric, all for a dollar a yard. That worked for me! I believe that this is some sort of wool blend.
I really like the way this dress turned out. I cut a size 10 and graded up in a couple of places. The next time I make this there are a couple of adjustments that I will make, but overall I feel that the fit is pretty good.
This dress zips up the side. I lined the dress with black Bemberg rayon. I bought the shoes that I wore at Goodwill. They are Kenneth Cole, which I think is a nice brand!


No comments:

Post a Comment